Pages

15.1.19

The things that keep me awake

Time check is 03.10hrs EAT. I really should be asleep right now. Tomorrow (today actually) is a work day and it promises to be a long one.

But I can’t sleep quite yet. See, I just uploaded my first blog article in nearly five years. It’s one of several assignments that I need to do as part of the Leadership Course under Harvest Institute. And I have to do this at least once every fortnight, preferably once every week. Among other assignments. And a day job. And kyeeyo. And… But all that is no cause for insomnia.

What’s really keeping me awake is this: I had managed to open a blogging account on WordPress.com, write something up, and even gone so far as to share the link on a few groups… Then I made the mistake (or followed a Spirit-driven prompting, I’m starting to think) of searching for an old blog on Blogger that I believed I had closed down and guess what, it was still up!! And as I read through a couple of my old posts I realised a sad truth – The one I’ve written today has nothing on the stuff I wrote five years ago!

We’re supposed to get better as we get older, right? Aging like fine wine and all that? Clearly that’s not the case here.

Well, as I once heard someone say (I believe it was Ariho Kamara, God help me I’m not wrong) “Nature will destroy that which you do not nurture”. I let my writing talent lie dormant for five years and it’s really suffered for it.

So, Harvest Institute and your Leadership Course, my inner writer thanks you for finally getting me to pick up the pen again (more literally than we discussed in Saturday’s class) after five years.
I have moved today’s article to the old blog and made a few changes to the blog. I will close down the WordPress account and continue on Blogger.

I will regain and surpass my old skill before this year is up. 

2 comments:

  1. I totally get you. I have been blogging on and off for years. This year i resolved to blog again and imported a very old blog to my most recent one.( Word press is easier you could just export this to word press one.) Then when I got to institute, blogging was a requirement. .am so excited that I can now continue...all the best in the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it. Get that pen and begin to talk endlessly to the nations

    ReplyDelete