Pages

30.8.19

Of Strings and Stretching


I dabbled with playing the guitar when I was younger and the sound of one skilfully played is one of my favourite things in the world.I dabbled with playing the guitar when I was younger and the sound of one skilfully played is one of my favourite things in the world. 


I picked up something interesting during that time. See, each time you pick up a guitar to play, you check if the strings are in tune with each other and other instruments. More often than not, they are out of tune, loosened by repeated strumming or some other mechanism.


To ensure the best sound is produced, the player will need to turn the knobs that hold the strings, in effect tightening the strings. I bet if the guitar could speak it would be screaming about how “…that is painful…why does anything have to change…things are fine just the way they are…” and so forth. 
And yet when the tuning is done, and a single strum produces that perfect A11/E … it sighs blissfully thinking “This is what I was made for.”

We, like a guitar, will occasionally have some loose strings that are in need of tightening if we are to produce the perfect note in God’s on—going melody. The tuning more often than not is uncomfortable, painful even, but rest assured that when it’s over the output will be beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment