Pages

6.1.22

My 2022 Blogging Resolution

Happy New Year … WooHoo!

I am managing to get my first blog post up within the first week of the year… THAT is an achievement! LOL! 

But seriously, although this is not really a post about resolutions and all, this year some things need to change. I have been blogging on and off for more than a decade, going quiet for months or even years, then bursting out in a flurry of activity, usually fueled by a course or challenge … Not good at all. I could say the main reason for this inconsistency is the absence of a central focus for my blog. I write on anything that holds my attention and sits in my brain long enough to make me want to put it into writing. Not to mention the struggle of finding the motivation to actually write out my thoughts, or the time to do so. Very haphazard. Very unreliable. 

This year I plan to be more consistent. I have scheduled specific times to blog and post (Thursday evenings and Friday mornings for now).

I have downloaded a speech-to-text app to help me record my thoughts on the go. 

And … I have come up with a couple of “series” that hopefully will see me post at least twice each month. I will write around two things that are pretty dominant in my life at the moment: dreadlocks and dance. I plan to title the series as follows, with one post under each series each month: 

The Dreaded Doctor: I’ve been loc’d for a decade now. I first installed dreadlocks in my hair in 2011 and when one blogger wrote about their dreadlocks journeys last year, I thought … Hmm, now that’s an idea. But 10 years is a long time. I figured a single post wouldn’t cut it and so decided to do a series of dreadlocks-related posts. Procrastination and all, I figured the beginning of the year was a good enough place to start, so here we are.

The Dancing Doctor: I love music. I love to sing. And … I love to dance. I am not a professional dancer or into the performing arts in any way, actually quite the opposite. But there is a way in which dance keeps sneaking up on me, forcing me to acknowledge it’s as much a part of me as my doctoring. I have been involved in Afro-Latin dancing for about a decade now, again quite on-and-off but I have been quite consistent in the past couple of years. There’s more to this dancing than just music and moving the body and in this series, I will try to open the reader’s eyes to all this.

I will probably do a few posts on other topics of interest, and participate in a challenge or two, but I’ve chosen those two topics to be the running themes to keep me writing consistently this year.  That way I should have at least 24 posts come 31 Dec 2022.

I welcome you on this journey. Read on, comment, share, ask questions, and together let’s make 2022 a blogging year to remember. 

1 comment:

  1. Excited for the resolutions. This time round with specific timelines. Looking forward to more blogs and you bet I will hold you to this.

    ReplyDelete