Pages

24.4.20

Why I write


I’m just getting on board with the #UgBlogMonth thingie, so I am have some work to do work catching up on missed days even as I keep up with each new day’s post.

So Day 1 we were to answer the question: Why do you write?

Hmm? I wonder… I penned my thoughts on whether I should write or not many years ago, and to date I can’t say I have a concrete answer to that question. Here are a few of my reasons, though this list is not exhaustive. 

I have read some very good writing and want to contribute to that pool. Hopefully the more I write, the better I will get, and in due time my writing will inspire others to follow suite.

I write as an outlet for my thoughts. Vocalising at times is hard, and once words leave my lips there is no way to retrieve them. Writing down what is on my mind helps me sort through my thoughts and often times clean them up before presenting them to the intended recipient. Better outcomes all round.

Last year I wrote because I had a target to meet. As part of a course I was doing, I had to write at least one blog every two weeks. A lot of them have been read by only me. 

Someone I read last year said writing is one way of influencing people you might never get to meet. That is a worthwhile reason to write. Of course it goes with the added responsibility of having influence-worthy content. So even as I seek to write more, I must seek to know more so that all my readers are positively influenced.

For now, I will continue to write and maybe along the way I will find out the why.

No comments:

Post a Comment